iHire, an industry-focused online talent platform headquartered in Downtown Frederick, MD, has an opening for a full-time Content Writer to join our growing marketing team.
You will develop clear and compelling copy for articles, eBooks, data-driven reports, press releases, infographics, sales collateral, marketing emails, webpages, and more. Your creativity, innovation, and passion for contributing new ideas will be instrumental in meeting iHire’s goals and strategic objectives.
We are looking to hire someone on the East Coast. This is a great opportunity to join a progressive company that works hard and plays hard (even in our temporarily 100% remote environment)! If you are an exceptional writer who thrives in a dynamic industry, loves to collaborate across departments, and is driven by results, we want to hear from you!
What You Will Do:
- Write polished copy for online and print materials to support iHire’s content marketing strategy, increase brand awareness, drive leads, and grow our customer base.
- Ideate, develop, and edit well-researched content including but not limited to: eBooks, reports, blog articles, social media posts, webinar presentations, press releases, messaging documents, infographics, sales collateral, marketing emails, display ads, product descriptions, and webpages.
- Research and stay abreast of industry trends; contribute ideas for timely, relevant content for B2B and B2C audiences as well as internal stakeholders.
- Follow an editorial calendar and meet deadlines.
- Proofread copy and ensure strict adherence to iHire’s brand voice and editorial guidelines.
- Work with guest authors and outsourced writers to curate, quality-check, and publish content.
- Use search engine optimization (SEO) strategies in writing to maximize content reach.
- Monitor and analyze the performance of published content to identify areas for improvement.
- Collaborate on the strategy and implementation of content marketing campaigns to support marketing objectives and corporate goals.
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3–5 years of experience in copywriting, content marketing, journalism, and/or related fields; additional work experience accepted in lieu of education.
- Proven copyediting ability and knowledge of AP style.
- Impeccable English language and grammar proficiency.
- Basic understanding of SEO concepts and best practices.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- High attention to detail and deadlines; commitment to see projects through to completion.
- Intrigued by data and comfortable using analytics to make data-driven decisions.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and basic HTML knowledge are a plus.
Why You’ll Love iHire:
- We offer a competitive salary plus an exceptional benefits package including generous PTO, flextime, comprehensive health benefits, professional development opportunities, matching 401(k), and more!
- Enjoy a collaborative, fun, and flexible (and currently remote) work environment – we’ll even provide you with the equipment you need as well as a monthly internet stipend.
Who We Are:
iHire has been in business for more than 20 years (and counting), helping job seekers just like you find great opportunities in their industry. But iHire isn’t your average company. We value passion, ability, enthusiasm, and dedication. And, we provide a flexible environment where the best employees can thrive, grow with us, and become leaders while maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
Although we’ve temporarily exchanged our famously stocked breakroom and in-person social events for virtual happy hours and “Zoom” Pictionary, you’ll quickly find out why iHire is a great place to work – even when working remotely!
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our clients and communities. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, people of all ages, and veterans to apply. We are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety of backgrounds and perspectives.