iHire, an industry-focused online talent platform headquartered in Downtown Frederick, MD, has an opening for a full-time Resume Writer in Frederick, MD or Angola, IN to help our growing team.
You will have the opportunity to learn the art and science of resume writing from a Certified Resume Writer who will provide guidance and support as you earn your own certification. Your primary responsibilities will be to compose and edit cover letters and resumes for clients, making certain that they adhere to principles of modern resume writing and meet standards of excellence regarding design, formatting, and content.
This is a great opportunity to work with a progressive company that works hard and plays hard (even in our temporarily 100% remote environment)! If you are passionate about writing and looking for a place where you can make your mark, we want to hear from you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Create professional resumes and cover letters for iHire clients in a variety of industries and experience levels, from new graduates to executives.
- Collect information from clients via email and phone. Organize material and plan strategy.
- Fulfill client projects using iHire’s proprietary portfolio and resume builder tools.
- Submit drafts for client review and incorporate feedback, comments, and changes while adhering to timelines and due dates. Revise and submit documents for client approval.
- Finalize resumes and cover letters once clients are 100% satisfied and upload the resume to clients’ online profiles.
- Maintain high levels of productivity and quality. Ensure satisfaction of resume customers and identify opportunities to improve resume products and internal tools/processes.
- Write resume-related career advice articles for publication on iHire sites.
- Participate in resume-related presentations or training for iHire associates as well as members of the community.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of professional writing experience and/or training with associated writing portfolio/samples.
- Strong command of the English language, exceptional spelling, grammar, proofreading, and editing skills, and high attention to detail.
- Polished communication skills, both written and verbal, and interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution.
- Effective planning and organization skills to manage projects/tasks. Reliability to maintain established schedule, manage time and priorities, and meet commitments and deadlines.
- Analytical and strategic thinker with the ability to set priorities based on organizational objectives and needs.
- Ability to interface with customers via phone and email, communicate with individuals at all career levels, establish credibility, and build effective relationships.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office Suite (expert knowledge of MS Word preferred) and ability to learn new software applications.
- Proactive and collaborative working style.
- Ability to stay abreast of client industry trends and assimilate new job-related information appropriately.
Why You’ll Love iHire
- We offer a competitive salary plus an exceptional benefits package including generous PTO, flextime, comprehensive health benefits, professional development opportunities, matching 401(k), and more!
- Enjoy a collaborative, fun, and flexible (and currently remote) work environment – we’ll even provide you with the equipment you need as well as a monthly internet stipend.
More About iHire
iHire has been in business for more than 20 years (and counting), helping job seekers just like you find great opportunities in their industry. But iHire isn’t your average company. We value passion, ability, enthusiasm, and dedication. And, we provide a flexible environment where the best employees can thrive, grow with us, and become leaders while maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
Although we’ve temporarily exchanged our famous stocked breakroom and in-person social events for virtual happy hours and “Zoom” Pictionary, you’ll quickly find out why iHire is a great place to work – even when working remotely!
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our clients and communities. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, people of all ages, and veterans to apply. We are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety of backgrounds and perspectives.